Friday 31 July 2015

Friday Fabric Finds

It's been a long while between Friday Fabric Finds posts - but since I'm back to blogging a bit more regularly, you can expect to see these posts a little more frequently than the last few months ;o) These posts are where I share what's shiny and new in my sponsor's shops - and also share any sales or specials they have running.

I'm very excited to introduce a new blog sponsor today - a fabric shop very close to my heart - Frangipani Fabrics. Frangipani is a wonderful modern fabric shop in my home city, Hobart, and the place I teach each Thursday morning and most weekends. The shop has a wonderful welcoming atmosphere, and a great online shop (with free postage in Tasmania!) so I am delighted to have them on board as sponsors. Frangipani run lots of sewing and patchwork classes - including kids classes on a regular basis - and have organised for Kaffe Fasset and Brandon Mably to come to Tassie for some workshops and a lecture next year, which I am SO excited about. They also sell a huge range of patterns, notions and haberdashery so it really is a one stop shop for all your sewing supplies.

Frangipani have received a heap of new fabric this week that has just been listed online, including 24 bolts of Cotton and Steel (some of which may or may not have come home with me yesterday...) I hadn't seen the new basics - Sparkle - in real life until yesterday, and I think they're my favorites yet :o)




There are some fabulous new fabrics in my other sponsor's shops as well. Pink Castle Fabrics have just received Handcrafted 2 from Alison Glass - and for a short time you can buy a stash box of the complete range of Handcrafted 1 & 2 in fat eighths. I adore the saturated colours in these collections, they're just gorgeous. Even better, if you spend $50 or more at Pink Castle, you'll get a little yellow ticket (a Golden Ticket) that contains some sort of prize - and this year there are five grand prizes (including sewing machines, a years stash club subscription and more).


Polka Dot Tea Fabrics have the complete collection of Skopelos by Katarina Roccella for Art Gallery Fabrics available as a bundle or yardage. Art Gallery Fabrics are just divine to work with, and I love the colours in this collection. 


One of my other absolute favorite fabrics to sew with are Cotton Couture (which would pair SO well with Art Gallery Fabric, they are both incredibly soft and luxurious). Polka Dot Tea stock an impressive range of colours of Cotton Couture, including black and white if you're intending on doing the Michael Miller fabric challenge for QuiltCon this year!!


At Sew me a Song, Becca has been busy creating some gorgeous bundles - including this aptly named 'never be at a loss for words' bundle. So much texty goodness!


And I'm a sucker for Suzuko Koseki prints - this bundle really caught my eye. Suzuko has such a great eye for colour and design and her fabrics often find their way into my projects :o)


Fat Quarter Shop have lots of new fabrics in store - one of my favorites is Imprint by Katarina Roccella. Also available is the Fractal Quilt Kit which features Imprint - and as I said earlier this week, it is a seriously fast and fun quilt to put together. 



Happy shopping! I hope you all have a great weekend - mine will be filled with teaching and trying not to freeze (apparently we can expect snow down to 100m above sea level, not something we normally have to contend with in these parts!!)

xx Jess

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jess,

Soooo proud to be part of your amazing blog.

xx Briony - Frangipani Fabrics

sheau said...

learn the facts here now vibrators,dog dildo,sex toys,sex toys,horse dildo,cheap sex toys,sex chair,cheap sex toys,wolf dildo go now

Unknown said...

see this website best replica bags online click to read more high quality designer replica here best replica bags online