Friday, 23 June 2017

Snail Trail {a finished quilt}

I'm really pleased to be sharing a finished quilt with you today! This quilt is made using a newly released pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop. 'Snail Trail' is part of a new Classic and Vintage series of pattern FQS are releasing, and I chose to make the Crib Size version. The Snail Trail block is one of my very favorite quilt blocks (and I have made at least four quilts using this block in the past), it gives such great movement to quilts.



I used a variety of Carolyn Friedlander fabrics for this quilt, mostly from her recently released Friedlander Fabric collection, but also a few older prints (one is from her very first Architextures collection!) In the photo below, you can see the background is actually a grey on white print - I love using Carolyn's fabrics as backgrounds for a bit of subtle texture. I made one small change to the pattern - I decided to piece the second border rather than using a single fabric.


I love using a double layer of batting for small quilts (I love the added texture it gives to quilting), and since this one is only around 40" square, I jumped at the chance to go double. I chose some pretty simple free motion quilting designs for this quilt - pebbles and straight lines, with a free motion quilted 1/2" grid in the background. I love how the pebbles pop against the grid! All the quilting is done in Aurifil 40wt threads. I chose white (2021) for the entire background, and then used a bright orange over the orange fabrics, and a variegated blue for the blues. 


I realise I've been a bit quiet around the blog lately - not for lack of sewing, just lack of time for writing blog posts. So I'm hoping to be back in the next week or so to share some of what I've been up to!

xx Jess

11 comments:

Lisa J. said...

This is a very lovely quilt Jess. I had to look closely to see the variation in the background fabric and it does add a nice soft touch. I'll have to check out these blocks. It's a great idea to enlarge the block.

Melanie said...

Beautiful quilting!!!!

Lisa said...

Your work is always amazing! The quilting on this changes the look into a work of art!

PersimonDreams said...

loving this modern feel! And the quilting!!!! WOW!!!!

desertskyquilts said...

Looks like this is a favorite pattern of yours! I really like the texture that your quilting gives it. It seems a completely different pattern with the look you gave it.

Izzy said...

I just love the modern look of your version! And the quilting is just stunning.

Yvonne @Quilting Jetgirl said...

The quilting adds so much to this quilt. It's lovely!

Janet Maddox said...

Fabulous quilting. I have a snails trail quilt on my list to make so I find your quilt very inspiring.

Sandra @SewofCourse said...

Fabulous quilt, and gorgeous quilting!

Kezzie said...

I signed up to follow the blog via email but have failed to receive the email with the confirmation link. Could you please send the email so that I can click on the confirmation link?

Thanks

Kerrie (kezzie.k@hotmail.com)

Willie B. Garcia said...

Hi everyone!!!HOW I GOT MY WIFE BACK/MY BABY WITH THE HELP OF Dr. AHMED
I have being married to my wife for the past 3yeras and 9months we have obviously being living fine for those past few years. but the problem i was having was that i havent being able to impregnate her because i thought i had a low sperm count,i had being visiting many hospital done various of test and samples but to no avail because all they could tell me was that am perfectly fine but i know that i am not fine my wife has being becoming impatient because i havent being able to impregnate her after so many years. Things got worst each day, every seconds of my life i always think of what next to do because am being fed of me being incapable. i have come accross so many health attendant who normally tell me that i have no problem. but i know that am sincerly not ok. One faithful evening when i came online in search of some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb, cure cancer, and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. i also come across one particular testimony, it was about a woman called Cora, she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, he is the answer to all your problem. that is how they got help from Dr Ahmed, their wife back, how they got their husband back, how they got their low sperm on high rate with the help of Dr Ahmed i had to quickly get his email/phone number on line and contact him as soon as i could because i needed help urgently we had some talk and what i will do to get my self ok. he told me that all i had do is to get some items for purifcation and cleansing, i did all of those and thanks to Dr Ahmed am perfectly fine and my wife has given birth to Twins of the same sex all thanks to Dr Ahmed for his wounderful help... Contact.: E-mail: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com or call/Whats-app: +2348160153829.
Willie B. Garcia from UK